22 June 2007

Frog Porridge

The following are short excerpts from letters about FOOD between myself (AC) & my generous hosts, KK & LCT, in advance of my visit to Singapore. In all, I think they wrote to me 15 separate times about food. We had a delicious time together.

Eating in Singapore may be the most adventurous thing I've done this year. I enjoyed it very much, but am looking forward to resuming vegetarianism when I return to the States. Click on
"More of the Citradel's Photos" to see a 'Singapore FOOD' photo set.
____________________________________________

IMG_2044.JPG

KK:
What would you like to eat? There's our famous Chicken Rice, Chilli Crab, BAk Kut teh ( some herbal pork ) etc. Or you could choose a type of asian cuisine, chinese, thai, malay, indian and we could bring you for dinner. Let me know.

AC:
So many choices! All of that sounds good. Both the crab & the pork sound great, & not things I'll find so easily at home.

KK:
Is there anything that you want to avoid? Allergies??

AC:
I would rather not eat octopus, snails, feet, or animals that are still alive. Because I am a wimp. But other than that, I feel open to most options. Certainly everything you listed are familiar cuisines.

KK:
I forgot to mention frog porridge too? you keen on that?
And what time are you suppose to meet your friend on Friday? We could have durian on friday in stead cos we should end work by 6.30pm on Friday.

AC: [deeply unnerved]
Hmm. Frog porridge. That sounds legendary. Yes, I'd like to try that, though maybe I shouldn't commit to it as an exclusive dish. I'm game, to try it, though.

KK:
can you take spicy food?

AC:
Yes!


LCT:


Hello Anne,

Don't think that I have forgotten our durian date. You are very lucky - it is in season now!!!

--LCT (who LOVES durian. The stinkier the better.)

IMG_2142.JPGIMG_2146.JPG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home